The admission to diploma level courses shall be made on basis of the merit of the subjects Math, Science and English with overall status pass in the Matriculation exam. Those candidates who have passed 10+2 science from a board recognized or established by Central/ State Government with vocational/ Technical Subjects or 10th from a board recognized or established by Central/ State Government with 2 years ITI with appropriate specialization in that order shall be eligible for the admission to second year diploma courses of appropriate program, up to a maximum of 10% of sanctioned intake. 85% seats shall be reserved for the internal candidates from within the State of Punjab and 15% shall be open to all candidates on All India basis.
Student can take re-admission at the start of new even or odd semester with a fee of Rs. 500/- but within 2(two) academic years from the period of absence due to any reason except those who have been debarred due to UMC. Further he has to apply for re-admission.
For the admission the candidates should filled both online as well as offline application forms. The filled offline forms will be received from the institute and the same will be uploaded on the Board website for online counseling. The same information regarding admission will be put on the Boards website www.punjabteched.com and www.punjabteched.net.
Reservation & schemes:
The reservation of seats for institutes situated in Punjab shall be as per Punjab Government, Department of Technical Education and Industrial Training. A candidate shall be eligible to make claim for reservation under one reserved category only. However, the procedure for counseling/ allotment of courses and/ or institutes shall be such that if a candidate is getting a course/ institution higher in his/ her order of preference, as a general candidate, he/she shall be so regarded, notwithstanding his/ her claim as a reserved category shall then be offered to the candidates in that very reserved category. Reserved categories candidates must attach photo copy of the certificate as proof thereof along with admission form. Certificate to be produced by a candidate belonging to Backward Class of Punjab in support of his/ her claim under this category must not be dated earlier than one year before the first day of counseling for admission.
The percentage of reservation for each of the categories shall be now as under:-
|1||Scheduled castes/ schedule tribes||25%|
|3||Border Areas/ backward areas||4% (2% each)|
|5||Children/Grandchildrren of Freedom Fighters||1%|
Fee Structure 2021-2022
|Sr. No||Details||1ST Year Fee Detail|
|1st Sem||2nd Sem||1st Sem||2nd Sem||1st Sem||2nd Sem|
|1||Board Regd. Charg. (One time)||500/-||-||500/-||-||500/-||-|
|2||Refundable Security (One time)||633/-||-||633/-||-||633/-||-|
|3||Stu. Activity Fund (One time)||132/-||-||132/-||-||50/- (I.Card)||-|
|5||Development Fund (Yearly)||3650/-||-||3650/-||-||-||-|
|6||Student Activity Fund (Yearly)||2235/-||-||2235/-||-||-||-|
Fee Concession Scholarship: Award of Scholarship amounting to Rs. 1000/- per month applicants shall be selected on the basis of marks in 10th class and secured in ITI & +2 for LEET Diploma Students in current academic year. Family income of the applicants from all sources should not be more than 2,00,000/- per year and student have taken admission in Diploma courses through online counseling.
Full Fee Concession Scholarship: Award of full fee Scholarship to the Diploma students shall be selected on the basis of marks in 10th class and secured in ITI & +2 for LEET Diploma Students in current academic year. Family income of the applicants from all sources should not be more than 1,50,000/- per year and student have taken admission in Diploma courses through online counseling.
POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIPS FOR SCHEDULED CASTES:Scholarships will be paid to the students whose parents/guardians' income from all sources does not exceed Rs. 2,50,000/- (Rupees two lakh, fifty thousand only) per annum. A scholarship holder under this scheme will not hold any other scholarship/stipend. Attested copy of Punjab Domicile Certificate.
POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIPS FOR OTHER BACKWARD CLASS: Scholarships will be paid to the students whose income combined with the income of their parents/guardians does not exceed Rs. 1.00 lakh per annum shall be eligible for post-matric scholarships to the extent of reimbursement of all compulsorily payable non-refundable fees. In case of unemployed students whose parents/guardians income from all sources does not exceed Rs. 1.00 lakh. per annum will be entitled for the scholarship under the Scheme. The scholarships will be open to Indian nationals belonging to OBCs, as notified by the State Govt. A scholarship holder under this scheme will not hold any other scholarship/stipend. Attested copy of Punjab Domicile Certificate.
Riot Victim : Students belongs to Riot Victim/Sikh Migrants family is exempted from tuition fee & College funds
Fee Waiver Scheme: Fee Waiver Scheme in which total tuition fee will be waived off. Parent’s income from all sources does not exceed Rs. 8.0 lacs per annum.
Post Matric Scholarship belonging to the Minority Communities: Eligible students belonging to the Minority Communities. (Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists and Zoroastrians (Parsis) have been notified as minority communities under Section 2 (c) of the National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992) are required to apply for scholarship online through National Scholarship portal. The eligibility is 50% marks or more in the previous final examination and the annual income parents from all sources should not exceed Rs.2 lacs.
Prevention and Prohibition of Ragging: We have taken Anti – Ragging Measures in Thapar Polytechnic College, Patiala and already deputed Anti – Ragging Squads to prevent ragging or any type of harassment the students. In additions to this, anti –ragging posters/leaflets are also displayed at various places and taken declaration from all the parents/students regarding Anti – Ragging.
- On the days specified for submission of the Examination forms student shall deposit the completed Examination forms to the Principal along with requisite fee, which will be entered in the system through online in the board website www.pbteched.net by concerned staff of the Institute. Examination conducted by the board in every semester.
- Re-evaluation is permissible. Fee for re-evaluation is Rs.800.00 per subject. This online application is to be submitted within 10 days from the date of display of results of all his/her semesters on the Board's web sites. No case of re-evaluation shall be entertained after the stipulated period. Re-evaluation to the extent of maximum two subjects in one or two semester is permissible i.e. students having more than two reappear subjects in overall semesters are not allowed for re-evaluation. Students who had applied for rechecking shall not be allowed to apply for reevaluation in the same subject.
- One percent of the Total marks of theory examination of all the semesters may be given for improving the division of a candidate. Grace marks given to a candidate in semester examination may be deducted from the total grace marks to be given for improvement of the division. Students of 2004 batch onwards can only apply. No fee is being charged. Submit an application along with the photocopies of DMCs of all semesters, original Transcript and Original Diploma Certificate.
- The maximum permissible period for the completion of the diploma course is twice the duration of the Diploma course i.e. a three year diploma course should be completed in a maximum period of six years and so on.
- Fee for rechecking is Rs.150.00 per subject . This online application is to be submitted on Board's website www.punjabteched.net within 10 days from the date of display of results of his/her semesters. No case of rechecking shall be entertained after the stipulated period. There is no limit with regard to no. of subjects/semesters to be applied for rechecking. Student who had applied for rechecking shall not be allowed to apply for reevaluation in the same subject.
- The candidates are required to carry only the admit card issued by the Board, while coming to the examination center. No paper/cell phone/scientific calculator are allowed in the examination center.
- The candidate is detained either due to the shortage of attendance or due to non-appearance of the student in any of the paper in lower examination
- The candidate is detained either due to the shortage of attendance or due to non-appearance of the student in any of the paper in lower examination.
- Examination is held in every semester
A student has to secure 75% (overall) attendance in theory and practical and minimum 60% attendance in each subject (separately). Shortage in attendance can be condoned upto 5% on medical grounds by the principal provided the medical certificate is submitted by the candidate within 7 days of his return from Medical leave. In addition to 5% condonation by the Principal, 5% condonation of lectures on medical ground is also allowed by the Secretary of the Board on the case being recommended by the Principal.
Detained/ Struck Off Name Of Student: The candidate is detained/ Struck off from the college roll either due to the shortage of attendance or due to non-appearance of the student in any of the paper in lower examination.
Migration is allowed either in the 3rd semester or in the 5th semester of semester courses and in 2nd year of Annual courses.
For getting the migration during the 3rd semester, following conditions are to be fulfilled:
- Candidate must have passed the 1st semester in the first attempt.
- Requisite fee of Rs.500/- in favour of the Secretary, Punjab State Board of Technical Education and Industrial Training, Chandigarh.
For getting the migration during 5th semester, followingconditions are to be fulfilled:
- Candidate must have passed the 1st, 2nd & 3rd semester at the time of submission of application and fee of Rs.500/-
Students can change his/her trade only in the 3rd semester. Candidates must clear 1st semester during the first attempt and apply along with the requisite fee of Rs.500/- as demand draft in favour of the Secretary, Punjab State Board of Technical Education and Industrial Training, Chandigarh