The admission to diploma level courses shall be made on basis of the marks obtained in matriculation exam.Those candidates who have passed 10+2 Non-Medical from a board recognized or established by Central/ State Government with vocational/ Technical Subjects or 10th from a board recognized or established by Central/ State Government with 2 years ITI with appropriate specialization in that order shall be eligible for the admission to second year diploma courses of appropriate program, up to a maximum of 10% of sanctioned intake. 85% seats shall be reserved for the internal candidates from within the State of Punjab and 15% shall be open to candidates from other states.
The admission shall be done through online mode through the official website of the Punjab State Board of Technical Education and Industrial Training on www.punjabteched.com. Then next step is for online counseling. Then after the result of online counselling you have to report in the institute alloted and take final admission.
POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIPS FOR SCHEDULED CASTES:Scholarships will be paid to the students whose parents/guardians' income from all sources does not exceed Rs. 2,50,000/- (Rupees two lakh, fifty thousand only) per annum. A scholarship holder under this scheme will not hold any other scholarship/stipend. Attested copy of Punjab Domicile Certificate.
- On the days specified for submission of the Examination forms student shall deposit the completed Examination forms to the Principal along with requisite fee, which will be entered in the system through online in the board website www.pbteched.net by concerned staff of the Institute. Examination conducted by the board in every semester.
- Re-evaluation is permissible. Fee for re-evaluation is Rs.800.00 per subject. This online application is to be submitted within 10 days from the date of display of results of all his/her semesters on the Board's web sites. No case of re-evaluation shall be entertained after the stipulated period. Re-evaluation to the extent of maximum two subjects in one or two semester is permissible i.e. students having more than two reappear subjects in overall semesters are not allowed for re-evaluation. Students who had applied for rechecking shall not be allowed to apply for reevaluation in the same subject.
- One percent of the Total marks of theory examination of all the semesters may be given for improving the division of a candidate. Grace marks given to a candidate in semester examination may be deducted from the total grace marks to be given for improvement of the division. Students of 2004 batch onwards can only apply. No fee is being charged. Submit an application along with the photocopies of DMCs of all semesters, original Transcript and Original Diploma Certificate.
- The maximum permissible period for the completion of the diploma course is twice the duration of the Diploma course i.e. a three year diploma course should be completed in a maximum period of six years and so on.
- Fee for rechecking is Rs.150.00 per subject . This online application is to be submitted on Board's website www.punjabteched.net within 10 days from the date of display of results of his/her semesters. No case of rechecking shall be entertained after the stipulated period. There is no limit with regard to no. of subjects/semesters to be applied for rechecking. Student who had applied for rechecking shall not be allowed to apply for reevaluation in the same subject.
- The candidates are required to carry only the admit card issued by the Board, while coming to the examination center. No paper/cell phone/scientific calculator are allowed in the examination center.
- The candidate is detained either due to the shortage of attendance or due to non-appearance of the student in any of the paper in lower examination
- The candidate is detained either due to the shortage of attendance or due to non-appearance of the student in any of the paper in lower examination.
- Examination is held in every semester
A student has to secure 75% (overall) attendance in theory and practical and minimum 60% attendance in each subject (separately). Shortage in attendance can be condoned upto 5% on medical grounds by the principal provided the medical certificate is submitted by the candidate within 7 days of his return from Medical leave. In addition to 5% condonation by the Principal, 5% condonation of lectures on medical ground is also allowed by the Secretary of the Board on the case being recommended by the Principal.
Detained/ Struck Off Name Of Student: The candidate is detained/ Struck off from the college roll either due to the shortage of attendance or due to non-appearance of the student in any of the paper in lower examination.
Migration is allowed either in the 3rd semester or in the 5th semester of semester courses and in 2nd year of Annual courses.
For getting the migration during the 3rd semester, following conditions are to be fulfilled:
- Candidate must have passed the 1st semester in the first attempt.
- Requisite fee of Rs.500/- in favour of the Secretary, Punjab State Board of Technical Education and Industrial Training, Chandigarh.
For getting the migration during 5th semester, followingconditions are to be fulfilled:
- Candidate must have passed the 1st, 2nd & 3rd semester at the time of submission of application and fee of Rs.500/-
Students can change his/her trade only in the 3rd semester. Candidates must clear 1st semester during the first attempt and apply along with the requisite fee of Rs.500/- as demand draft in favour of the Secretary, Punjab State Board of Technical Education and Industrial Training, Chandigarh