Department aims at providing Quality Technical Education for producing professionally sound and morally strong diploma engineers in Civil Engineering having knowledge and skills agreeable to real world. Department has well equipped labs of Applied Mechanics, Building Construction, Construction Material, Surveying ,Concrete Technology and has fully developed Project Lab also .The Department has been making use of Highway Engineering , Fluid Mechanics and Structure labs of Thapar university for conducting practicals. Faculty of Civil Engineering Department has been making continuous efforts to improve quality learning.
Department Strengths1. Most Preferred Department.
2. Highly Qualified Staff.
3. Hostel Facilities For Both Girls And Boys.
4. Excellent Placements.
5. Excellent Academic Environment For The Students.
6. 6 week industrial training and 15 day survey camp after second year
1. Hydraulics Lab (Shared With TU)
2. Concrete Technology Lab
3. Soil And Foundation Engineering
4. Survey Lab
5. Applied mechanics lab
Department Achievements1. Civil engineering department has conducted a one year course (2014-2015)on “Building and Construction” in collaboration with TAFE South Australia.
2. Field visit to tile manufacturing plant at Focal point, Patiala on 20-03-2017 by 2nd year students of Civil Engineering Department
3. Industrial exposure of 45 days to ensure that the students learn practical skills
4. Civil engineering department organize Survey camp at Chail (HP) for final year students every year.
5. Students participated in technical events i.e-paper construction, quiz and in non-technical events in VETRI and youth festival and secured good positions.
6. Our students participate in tech fest organized by Pushpa gujaral science city every year and secure good positions.
Faculty Achievements• NSS wing of 100 voluntaries lead by Mr. Rajesh Premi, lecturer (Civil).
• NCC lead by Mr Vijay kumar sharma lect. Civil--Thapar Polytechnic College has National Cadet Corps (NCC) senior division wing and 55 cadets are enrolled as per the directions of NCC directorate. 13 of our cadets have qualified for ‘B” certificate and 5 cadets have qualified for ‘C’ certificate. These certificates are acknowledged at the national level and given Weightage for job selections
• Faculty of Civil engineering attended a number of short term courses and workshops (National/International) organized by NITTTR (Chandigarh), Mehar Chand polytechnic college and GNE Ludhiana.
• Mrs Anmol Rattan with other faculty members conducted a summer training programme for second year students in Thapar polytechnic campus in June July 2018.
Students Achievements1. Devinderpal Singh and Parthasarthy Dubey secured first position in volley ball match at zone level.
2. Pavan jain secured first position in table tennis at state level.
3. Our students secured merit positions in board exams.
4. Our students participate in Bhangra event (youth festival) every year and won prizes.
5. Our Hockey team won GOLD at PTIS ( Punjab Technical Institution Sports) State Level Inter College Sports.
6. Deepshikha mazumdar got gold medal in paper presentation competition by PTIS