Electrical Engineering Department was started at the time of establishment of Thapar Polytechnic College in the year of 1956. Since then it has been running three years Diploma in Electrical Engineering highly successfully.
A very large number of our alumni is serving in public and private sectors.
Most of the Electrical Engineering students of previous batches are pursuing higher education and getting a pay package in the range of Rs. 10,000 to 70,000 pm through campus placements.
Our students have also done extremely well in sports and other curricular activities.
Our HoD Dr. ANURAG JOSHI is recipient of BEST POLYTECHNIC TEACHER AWARD, by Indian Society for Technical Education, New Delhi and Leadership Award for Excellence by Confederation of Education Excellence (CEE).
|Sr. No.||Name & Designation||Experience||No. of Publications||STC/FDP/Workshops|
|1.||Dr. Anurag Joshi
|24 Years||21 Papers + 7 SCI Publications||9-Conferences
|12 years||1 book 4 Papers||12|
|11 years||1 book||1|
|23 years||10 papers||22|
PlacementsMany of our students show keen interest in pursuing further studies. A large number of them got selected for B.Tech. in Thapar Institute of Engg. & Tech., Patiala and other institutes.
Those who opt for job are offered jobs in the following reputed industries with pay package(per month) ranging from Rs 10,000/- to Rs 70,000/- • Wipro
• L & T
• Tata motors
• Victor infocom
• Bhushan Steels
• Jindal steels
• Swaraj motors
Besides many of our students are selected for government jobs in organisations like PSPCL, PSTCL etc.
Training Venues• Punjab State Power Corporation Limited
• Punjab State Power Transmission Corporation Ltd.
• SGHS Thermal Power Plant, Lehra Mohabbat
• Durable Transformer Private. Limited, Kotkapura
• Amrit Banaspati Co., Rajpura
• Uttarakhand Power Corporation Limited
• Kirloskar Brothers Limited, Ludhiana
• UK Enterprises, Parwanoo
• U. T. Electricity Dept., Chd.
• NHPC, Chamera
• HPCL-Mittal Refinery
• NFL, Bathinda
• Jay Bee industries Ltd. Nalagarh
LabsDedicated labs fully equipped with relevant instruments and machines for Practical exposure and catering to every need of experiments according to curriculam
1. Basic Electrical Engineering Lab
2. Electronics Lab
3. Electrical Measuring Instruments and Instrumentation
4. Electrical Machine Lab
5. Electrical Power Lab
6. Electrical Workshop
7. Project Lab Besides this, the labs are shared with Computer Engg. Department and Electronics and Communication Engg. Department