The Department of Mechanical Engg. offers a 3-year course leading to Diploma in Mechanical Engg. Mechanical Engineering Department has fully equipped Applied Mechanics Laboratory, a CNC trainer and Mechanical Project Shop. The Project Shop has adequate facilities for undertaking different projects involving fabrication processes and machining operations. Metrological instruments for facilitating holding / locating and measuring work-pieces are also available.
|1||Punjab Rai||Incharge||AMIEME (M.E)|
|2||Vickramjeet Singh||Lecturer||B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering)|
|4||Harinderjit Singh||Lecturer||M.Tech (M.E & Machine Design)|
|3||Satpal Singh||Lecturer||ME. (CAD/CAM)|
|5||Rajan Verma||Lecturer||M.E. (CAD/CAM & Robotics), Ph.D Pursuing|
|5||Surinder Kumar||workshop Instructor||I.T.I - Carpentry|
|6||Rajinder Kumar||Workshop Instructor||I.T.I - Machinist|
|7||Pardeep Kumar||Workshop Instructor||I.T.I - Pattern|
|8||Jagtar Singh||Workshop Instructor||C.T.I - Craft Instructor|
Brief on labs/equipment/software
Labs: Mechanical Engineering Department has two fully fledged laboratories as per AICTE space requirements in which experiments of various subjects are performed and department also shares some laboratories with Thapar University. The polytechnic students also share a Central Workshop with the B.Tech students.
Machines & Equipment: Two Lathe machines, Shaper machine with a stroke length of 12”, Gravesend apparatus, Gibb crane, Single Purchase Crab, Two stroke petrol engine, Single cylinder diesel engine, Solex carburetor, Amal carburetor, Battery ignition system, All types of measuring equipment & gauges, Power Hacksaw, Bench drill machine, AC arc welding set, Surface plates and work benches etc.
Software: C++, Auto CAD, Pro Engineer
Achievements for the year 2015-16
- 100% admissions.
- 60-70% eligible students get placements every year.
- Maximum pay package offered to a student was 9LPA by Trident Group.
- Maruti Suzuki is recruiting our students continuously from the last three years.
- A total of 4 students got jobs in various companies this year.
- Harinderjit Singh (A.W.S) presented a paper in National Conference (Advances in Mechanical, Industrial & Materials Engineering) held at Baba Banda Singh Bahadur Engineering College, Fatehgarh Sahib. Title of the paper was” Comparison of Al-B4C Composite with Pure As Cast Aluminium for Wear Behavior “.
- Satpal Singh (Lecturer) presented a paper in National Conference at MM University Haryana 8.4.2016. Title of the paper was “ Friction Steel Welding” and that paper will be published in IOSR journal.
- Harinderjit Singh & Vickramjeet Singh of the Department successfully organized and completed a Skill Development course “ Quality Control Inspector L-III ” under Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana, for 2nd year students. This will generate revenue of around 1 Lakh for the college.
- Staff of Mechanical Engineering Department has attended total 15 Faculty Development Programmes at NITTTR Chandigarh.
- Harinderjit Singh (A.W.S) arranged two seminars for the final year students, delivered by the experts from Industry.
- An industrial visit was arranged for the final year students at GNA Duraparts Ltd., Phagwara to make them understand the actual working of CNC Machines and FMS System in Industry.
- Satpal Singh organized a short tem training programme on Pro-E Software in collaboration withNSIC Rajpura for final year and second year students for a period of one month.
- Satpal Singh organized a tree plantation campaign in collaboration with Paryavaran Welfare Society Patiala. Total 40 trees were planted in the college premises.